I’m a professional computer security researcher with an extensive background in Linux systems administration, computer networking, applied cryptography, and programming. Since childhood I’ve enjoyed taking things apart and learning how they really work. Deep understanding allows me to push the boundaries of what is possible. Originally from California, I now live in London.
My current job is with Human Security (formerly known as White Ops), fighting the proliferation of malevolent bots through the magic of implementation-defined behavior and full stack forensics.
My family name is pronounced “kas-teh-LOO-chee”.
- The Bitcoin Brain Drain: Examining the Use and Abuse of Bitcoin Brain Wallets with Marie Vasek, Joseph Bonneau, Cameron Keith and Tyler Moore
- Speed Optimizations in Bitcoin Key Recovery Attacks with Nicolas Courtois and Guangyan Song
- Wired — Brainflayer: A Password Cracker That Steals Bitcoins From Your Brain
- Ars Technica — Password cracking attacks on Bitcoin wallets net $103,000
- Fast Company — Researchers Find A Crack That Drains Supposedly Secure Bitcoin Wallets
- DARKReading — Russian Hackers Run Record-Breaking Online Ad-Fraud Operation
- Kerbs on Security — Report: $3-5M in Ad Fraud Daily from “Methbot”
- BuzzFeed News — Killing 3ve: How The FBI And Tech Industry Took Down A Massive Ad Fraud Scheme